Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Vicious 4 "Getting To The Point" - Rare Concious Gem!!

Hey Good morning all, or depending on where you are in the world, good afternoon or good evening. I woke up this am with this jam on my mind for whatever reason. And I haven't thought about this song in a long while, but it was there front and center, you know with all the things going on in the world We cling to feel-good things, music, hobbies, thoughts. We tend to relate to songs that help us assess the situations. Since I love Hip Hop, Hip Hop is always on my mind. I love funk, soul, jazz, and other pop music too but this joint for some reason hits me, because it is an early Hip Hop giant. It may not be one of those songs that you would see a list of best of greatest. But I think this one is right up there with the message or NY, NY. in its effect and message delivering power. Of course without the commercial success. You know in the 80's there was a lot going on, and people were sensitive to addressing what they felt, in a positive uplifting manner. Today we have great problems going on too, but I dont feel there is a lot of music talking about things in a positive uplifting light. Listen to the lyrics, a  solid jam, block boys, for the B-boys, Poppers, and for regular people who want to vibe out and put their problems aside for a second. It makes you feel good. The world is rough today.

5 comments:

  1. Could you post the instrumental / dub version to Vicious 4 - Getting to the Point. Love this Classic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you post the instrumental / dub version to Vicious 4 - Getting to the Point. Love this Classic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats up Brother, give me a few days to locate that instrumental for you. Its pretty hard to find digitally as I have never seen it onlone before (I own No vinyl for it) but I'm pretty good at finding hard to get stuff... In the meanwhile anything else you need otherwise, just give me a shout.. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. he cant, because he ripped it from youtube ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have the instrumental Cornball and the free beats

    ReplyDelete