Friday, January 1, 2016

Finally Found it "UMSTURTZ JETZ (Beat Box Version) Killer ELECTRO Joint from 1984!!

I have searched mighty hard for plenty of hard to find old school Hip Hop, Breaks and Electro in my day, However probably none like this precious gem right here. First introduced to me as a cut on an old school Hip hop and Electro tape I got from my mentor Frosty Freeze back around 2000 (Original mix Tape is probably from around 85" itself) and went nuts after hearing it mixed in behind "YUM YUM EAT EM UP" One thing you need to understand is that, these IMPORTS as they are known have and were always rare records because they were not produced here and had to be imported to the US to only certain record stores carried and sold them (The story of guys Like Bambaataa's life to find these unknown rare cuts).. I thank Groups/individuals such as Bobby Orlando, Kraftwerk, Jojo Spooge Boy, Art of noise and just so many others for their contribution and pioneering of the early Techno-pop, sound and greatly influenced the electro scene as a whole, really "Electronic scene" we (U.S. Took their sound and turned it into a little bit more of a funkier thing called Electro funk. But you have to give it up to Germany and Italy for powering this unique sound. Well anyway this is UMSTURTZ JETZ!! From the group NEW BREED. However its not the usual main version (fast paced early Techno-dance version) this is the Electro version. The Telefon Record label (JETZ publishing) really did some amazing work back then. When these records made it onto US Soil, Poppers have always been delighted over this and anyone who grew up with the early electronic new wave sounds. You probably will not find this almost anywhere else online except You tube now. But I have it for you available to download. I found this by just snooping around, I first had to research the BEAT BOX BOYS Because I knew for whatever obvious reasons it had something to do with them, or in relation to (and I was right, my little musical blood hound Nose led me right to this). I then came across Ian Darby and Spooge Boy and finally New Breed.. As soon as I saw that familiar German chant as the title. "URMSTURTZ" I was like Yaasss! This is a great start to my new year. Its been 15 years really desiring this record. AND OF COURSE I AM SHARING MY FINDS WITH YOU, STRAIGHT FROM MY PERSONAL MUSIC COLLECTION TO YOURS!!






And While I am at it. I have included these bonus tracks all on the Telefon, Memo, Meno-vision, or "O" Record Label (All Subsidiaries of Bobby Orlando's various infractions of record labels. and are no doubt early Techno-pop & Electro classic giants












FYI "Ian Darby" Is Bobby Orlando




No comments:

Post a Comment