Sunday, December 1, 2013

The @DJLEGGS Celluloid Records Collection

This will speak for it self. I'm not even going to rant on this one largely. My Bad Syke I had to lol. Celluloid records was a great label back in the Turn of the 1970's and 80's that was known for putting out many classics and Now obscure joints Both Hip Hop/Electro as well as new wave. Most of Celluloid cuts were famously played at the NYC Club the Roxy and Hip hop DJ's who broke them there. Records by the Smurfs, Phase II, Bambaataa and Timezone, Fab 5 Freddy & Beside, Bernard Fowler, The Grandmixer D.S.T., The Rebels. Material did much of the production on these records for Celluloid. If they weren't Hip Hop Or Electro, they were post Punk, New Wave Orientated. Do You Remember Material? You may want to watch this wonderful Doc On you tube about Celluloid Records. 

I don't want to speak about things I don't have much knowledge about on my own. This Doc will do the trick, so when you have a clear 20 minutes, watch the Doc please. Bill Laswell a very talented early Hip Hop, Jazz & Pop bassist/producer and The Grandmixer D.S.T himself speak extensively about the French derived Celluloid History. In The Meanwhile Download My Personal Collection Of Celluloid Hip Hop & New Wave Classics (Note: I have not uploaded every record in my collection but many of them) I cant give ya'll everything as I have many of the extended versions, 12" and 7" Versions. But I am sharing a great wealth of these. I hand picked these for you guys. But please Do your own digging as well. Find the other cuts that you would find on the original 12"s or 7's. The Timezone "Wild style" Version here is the Original Rap version with Artists Motivator and Beside as well as Bam of course Rapping. But Ive included the other known Dub version as well. The Phase II Joint here you will notice, I have included the regular (No French rap) and then the Original Mix. Which It was the very first version I ever heard on cassette, back then before I bought the Vinyl record eventually. And I forgot all about it, even when Downloading the main version a few years ago. The French mix slipped my mind. I just found it and Caught a little case of Dejavu. I said Man How did I forget this version. This is what happens when we sometimes lose sight of our Vinyl roots momentarily due to all this internet stuff today. We might forget about the alternate versions supplied on the good Ole' twelve records, when they become digitally obscure online. Unless you still have the 12" and refer back to them, or just purely remember those versions, you tend to forget them sometimes. So I am so very Blessed and pleased to have found the original mix Version of Phase II's "The Roxy" with French MC "Beside" Rapping, as it is my personal favorite version. I also Have the 7 Version which is obviously edited shorter. If you like Email me for that. The Same Beat was used For production in 2 of the releases. As you may of noticed long ago. Material shared the same production for two completely different song releases, with the Likes of the Smurfs for "Do the smurf for what its worth" and the Rebels "You can make it". They used to do this often back in the day for various reasons. Most likely to see which version would catch on. I am also sharing the The A & B Sides of Fab 5 Freddy's " Change the beat". One has the french rap the other does not, its important to have both. Ill explain later. Of course you get the D.S.T.'s Mega Mix. I've included the short version and the longer version with the Intro and the spliced together outro's of other popular releases. As you download my collection, you will hear many of the actual regular songs D.S.T Used to splice together the Megamix for Celluloid that may of not been familiar with previously if you do not have history with owning Celluloid classics. Also Not to mention back to Change the beat. That extremely famous "THIS STUFF IS REALLY FRESHHH" outro Included on the Change The Beat B-Side Version made famous by a vocorder voice effect at the very end of the record by a Guy Named Roger for Celluloid at the time. All You DJ's should know that Famous Sample used for scratching your intros and in DJ Battles" and if you didnt know where it came from, now you do. It is one of the most used segments for 30 years now by DJ's all over the world. Check the end of the B-side version. Anyway make sure to dig in and download every single track Y'all.

Download the @DJLEGGS Celluloid Records Crate (23 Songs)
(Note: I didn't post each track individually here on this post as you can see, You can find the complete list once you click to download the crate on My Box.com account. Below are a few sneak peaks

 
r

The Original Version of Phase II's The Roxy With Beside rapping In French.


Material Uses the same Production for The Rebels as he does The Smurfs




No comments:

Post a Comment