Wednesday, October 24, 2018

KID NICE - "I WANT YOU TO LIKE IT" Rare 12 / KEEP DREAMING (Remix) 1984/1983

Hey friends, I know its been quite a while since my last entry, I really ought to get the hang of staying up on this blog thing, but with so much travel, teaching Breakin' classes and DJ'ing it gets a little rough sometimes. I just got back home from ROME ITALY This past week, and I'm off to France Nov 7th-13th and then Barbados in Dec I think the 6th to the 11th... Ok First and foremost, I want to thank all of you who continue to download the tracks that I share on OLDSCHOOLARCHIVES, and also those who write in and ask for specific music and even your much valued props.

Ok lets get right to it.. KID NICE "I WANT YOU TO LIKE IT" Is a nice gem from 1984, Kid nice both an MC and DJ, Put this one out for the Bboys and Hip Hop party goers of the 80s. What I've included in this entry is the main VOCAL 12" as well as the VOCODER VERSION of the song, which is pretty much the same, they just sprinkled in a few more electronic voices. I tried to find the very best quality version I could, as I do not own this on vinyl and its a tough song to come across if you do not have it on wax already. So for all those who remember or know this record, maybe know KID NICE In general, wherever he may be in life today, God bless him..

Sidenote: I first heard this on an oldschool Hip Hop mixtape from 84' that I have and have actually shared in a much earlier post, it was mixed with a bunch of dope Bboy records, including CD3 - GET TOUGH, DIMPLES D - I WILL SURVIVE, MASTER O.C. & CRAZY EDDIE - MASTERS OF THE SCRATCH, RUSSELL BROTHERS - PARTY SCENE, ZULU GROOVE - SHANGO. A real deal mixtape, and I've preserved it all these years. For 25 plus years to be exact. Just find my post below titled, OLDSCHOOL MIXTAPE CASSETTES or another and find those mixes its a 90 min joint I believer... Enjoy

Image result for kid nice - i want you to like it



VOCODER Version!!



Image result for KID NICE - KEEP DREAMING

BONUS*** KID NICE - KEEP DREAMING ON BYC Records 1983: Another dope record from this artist!! Maybe INSTRUMENTAL Version soon??




No comments:

Post a Comment